Chiyoda Campus Consortium - Oxford EMI Online Course
This online course is open to all Japanese universities and is a Blended Learning Course. All times on this course will be Japan time.
We are organising a 1-week English Medium Instruction (EMI) course for university lecturers working in Japan. If you work at a university that is going global and you are facing the challenge of teaching to an international class, then this is the EMI course you need.
This multi-disciplinary course is for university teachers of all academic subjects such as Sciences, Humanities, Business, Economics, Engineering, Culture.
You will work with our Oxford EMI tutors in a professional and relaxed environment and meet other lecturers who are facing the same challenges that EMI brings.
• Become confident in lecturing and teaching through the medium of English (EMI)
• Gain an understanding of the issues and solutions involved when teaching an international class
And you will learn how to:
• Teach your subject through EMI
• Make university learning motivating and interactive
• Manage students with different language levels in your lecture or seminar.
• Be a confident EMI University Lecturer
Each day consists of Online + Oxford Live sessions:
• Online session: You work on course materials online. You can work at your own speed. This is about 3 hours a day.
• Oxford Live session: You participate in an Oxford Live session (Zoom). This is with your Oxford trainers for 90 minutes- 2h per day.
Course dates: From 30 August 2021 to 3 September 2021
Pre-course session: 27 August 2021. We will explain exactly how the course will work and introduce the trainers.
Tuition fees: £1,100 (one thousand one hundred GB pounds) per course participant.
Please enrol before 31 July 2021.
To enrol or for more information Email firstname.lastname@example.org