This course is open to all universities in Japan. All times on this course will be Japan time. It is a Blended Learning course. We are organising a 1-week English Medium Instruction (EMI) course for university lecturers in Japan.
If your university is going global, if you are teaching an international class, then this is the EMI course you need. This multi-disciplinary course is for university teachers of all academic subjects such as Sciences, Humanities, Business, Economics, Engineering.
You will work with our Oxford EMI tutors in a professional and relaxed environment and meet other lecturers from around Japan who are facing the same challenges that EMI brings.
- Become confident in lecturing and teaching through the medium of English (EMI)
- Gain an understanding of the issues and solutions involved when teaching an international class
And you will learn how to:
- Teach your subject through EMI
- Make university learning motivating and interactive
- Manage students with different language levels in your lecture or seminar.
- Be a confident EMI University Lecturer!
This is a Blended Learning course.
Each day consists of Online + Oxford Live sessions:
- Online session: You work on course materials online. You can work at your own speed. This is about 3 hours a day.
- Oxford Live session: You participate in a Oxford Live session (Zoom). This is with your Oxford trainers for 90 minutes- 2h per day.
Course dates: From 15 March to 19 March 2021
Pre-course session: 12 March 2021. We will explain exactly how the course will work and introduce the trainers.
Tuition fees: £1,100 (one thousand one hundred GB pounds) per course participant.
Please enrol before 15 February 2021.
Enrolment is open to all universities in Japan.