This course is open to all universities in South-East Asia. All times on this course will be Japan Standard Time. It is a Blended Learning course in English Medium Instruction (EMI) for university lecturers. This course lasts 1 week.
If your university is going global, if you are teaching an international class, then this is the EMI course you need. This multi-disciplinary course is for university teachers of all academic subjects such as Sciences, Humanities, Business, Economics, Engineering.
You will work with our Oxford EMI tutors in a professional and relaxed environment and meet other lecturers from around South-East Asia who are facing the same challenges that EMI brings.
- Become confident in lecturing and teaching through the medium of English (EMI)
- Gain an understanding of the issues and solutions involved when teaching an international class
And you will learn how to:
- Teach your subject through EMI
- Make university learning motivating and interactive
- Manage students with different language levels in your lecture or seminar.
- Be a confident EMI University Lecturer!
This is a Blended Learning course.
Each day consists of Online + Oxford Live sessions:
- Online session: You work on course materials online. You can work at your own speed. This is about 3 hours a day.
- Oxford Live session: You participate in a Oxford Live session (Zoom). This is with your Oxford trainers for 90 minutes- 2h per day.
Course dates: From 15 March to 19 March 2021
Pre-course session: 12 March 2021. We will explain exactly how the course will work and introduce the trainers.
Tuition fees: £1,100 (one thousand one hundred GB pounds) per course participant.
Enrolment open until start date of course.
Enrolment is open to all universities in South-East Asia.