East Asia - Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers
The Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers is an online course which is open to all East Asian universities and is a Blended Learning Course. All times on this course will be Taipei, Beijing, Singapore time. Participants who successfully complete the course will receive the Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers.
We are organising a 1-week English Medium Instruction (EMI) course for university lecturers working in East Asia. If you work at a university that is going global and you are facing the challenge of teaching your academic subject to an international class, then this is the EMI course you need.
This multi-disciplinary course is for university teachers of all academic subjects such as Sciences, Humanities, Business, Economics, Engineering, Culture.
You will work with our Oxford EMI tutors in a professional and relaxed environment and meet other lecturers who are facing the same challenges that EMI brings.
• Become confident in lecturing and teaching through the medium of English (EMI)
• Gain an understanding of the issues and solutions involved when teaching an international class
And you will learn how to:
• Teach your subject through EMI
• Make university learning motivating and interactive
• Manage students with different language levels in your lecture or seminar.
• Be a confident EMI University Lecturer
Each day consists of Online + Oxford Live sessions:
• Online session: You work on course materials online. You can work at your own speed. This is about 3 hours a day.
• Oxford Live session: You participate in an Oxford Live session (Zoom). This is with your Oxford trainers for 90 minutes- 2h per day.
Course dates: From 18 October 2021 to 22 October 2021
Pre-course session: 15 October 2021. We will explain exactly how the course will work and introduce the trainers.
Tuition fees: £1,100 (one thousand one hundred GB pounds) per course participant.
Please enrol before 8 October 2021.
To enrol or for more information Email firstname.lastname@example.org