Japan - Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers
The Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers is an online trainer-led course in English Medium Instruction (EMI). This is a blended learning course and all times for the Oxford Live sessions with your trainers will be Japan time.
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive the Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers.
If you work at a university that is going international and you are facing the challenge of teaching your academic subject in English, then this is the EMI course you need.
This course is multi-disciplinary, for university teachers of all academic subjects such as Sciences, Humanities, Business, Economics, Engineering, Culture etc. and has received consistently excellent feedback from lecturers around the world.
You may be an experienced EMI lecturer or have no experience of EMI at all. You need a B2 level of English to participate in this course. That means that you need to be able to understand and participate in English but your English does not have to be 'perfect'.
You will work with our Oxford EMI tutors in a professional and relaxed environment and meet other lecturers who are also facing the challenges that EMI brings.
• Become confident in lecturing through the medium of English (EMI)
• Gain an understanding of the issues and solutions involved when teaching an international class
And you will learn teaching techniques that help you to:
• Teach your subject successfully through EMI
• Make university learning motivating and interactive
• Manage students with different language and knowledge levels in your class.
• Become a confident EMI University Lecture
Each day consists of Online + Oxford Live sessions:
• Online session: You work on course materials online. You can work at your own speed. This is about 3 hours a day.
• Oxford Live session: You participate in an Oxford Live session (Zoom). This is with your Oxford trainers for 90 minutes- 2h per day.
Course dates: From 14 March 2022 to 18 March 2022
Pre-course session: 11 March 2022. We will explain exactly how the course works and introduce the trainers.
Tuition fees: £1,100 (one thousand one hundred GB pounds) per course participant.
Places are limited, so please enrol before 1 March 2022.
Enrol here: https://www.oxfordemi.co.uk/Enrolment
For more information Email firstname.lastname@example.org