Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology - Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers
This Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers course is an online Blended Learning course which is open to lecturers from Tzu Chi University of Science and Technology. This course in English Medium Instruction (EMI) is led by the team of Oxford EMI trainers.
Dates and times: The EMI course starts with a Pre-Course Zoom meeting on Friday 21st January. It then runs from Monday 24 January to Friday 28 January 2022. All times on this course will be in Taiwan time.
Certification: Participants who successfully complete the course will receive the Oxford EMI Certificate for University Lecturers.
Who is this course for?
University lecturers of all subjects: This 5-day English Medium Instruction (EMI) course is for university lecturers who are facing the challenge of teaching their academic subject to an international class in English. This multi-disciplinary course is for university teachers of all academic subjects such as Sciences, Humanities, Business, Economics, Engineering, Culture who teach, or are going to teach, their subject in English.
English level: You need an intermediate level of English to be able to participate in this course (CEFR B2). The course is taught in English and you will need to be able to work in English, but your English certainly does not need to be 'perfect'.
What will you gain from this course?
You will work with our Oxford EMI trainers in a professional and relaxed environment and meet other lecturers who are facing the same challenges that EMI brings.
• Become confident in lecturing and teaching through the medium of English (EMI)
• Gain an understanding of the issues and solutions involved when teaching an international class
And you will learn how to:
• Teach your subject through EMI
• Make university learning motivating and interactive
• Manage students with different language and subject-knowledge levels in your class
• Become a confident EMI University Lecturer
How much work will you have to do each day?
Each day consists of Online + Oxford Live sessions:
• Online session: You work on course materials online every day. You can work at your own speed. This takes about 2-3 hours a day.
• Oxford Live session: You participate in an Oxford Live session (Zoom) every day. This is with your Oxford trainers for 90 minutes per day.
Course dates: From 24 January 2022 to 28 January 2022. Pre-course session: 21 January. You will receive an invitation to the session when you enrol. In this session we explain exactly how the course will work.
Course Enrolment: Enrol for this course here
Tuition fees: £1,100 (one thousand one hundred GB pounds) per course participant.
Please enrol before 15 December 2021.
For more information Email email@example.com